Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2024, 10:43 AM

Groody Brothers Announcement: "media blasting and powder coating bicycle frames and .

Saw this on FB this morning. Full announcement"
Quote:
Important Changes at Groody Bros. Bicycle Restoration
Dear Valued Customers,
After much consideration, being the single employee and owner of Groody Bros. Bicycle Restoration, I have decided to transition into semi-retirement. This change means that I will be focusing primarily on the core business competencies, media blasting and powder coating bicycle frames and forks. These are the services I am passionate about and have always been at the heart of the business.

What Does This Mean for You?

Assembly and Disassembly: For all bicycle assembly and disassembly needs, I recommend reaching out to your local bike shop. They have the expertise and tools to ensure your bicycle is properly assembled and serviced.

Decal Application: I will no longer be offering water slide decal application. However, we are open to considering other decal applications on a case-by-case basis.

Full Restorations: Full restorations will now be limited and strictly considered on a case-by-case basis. While I love bringing old bicycles back to life, these projects require significant time and energy, which I need to manage more efficiently.

Current Projects:
Rest assured, all current projects that are already in-house and initiated will be completed as agreed. Your trust and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we are committed to delivering the quality service you expect.
I understand that these changes may raise questions or concerns. Please know that I am here to address any inquiries you may have and assist you through this transition.
I appreciate your understanding and continued support as I begin this new chapter. I am grateful for the trust you have placed in Groody Bros. Bicycle Restoration over the years and look forward to serving you in this new capacity.
Warm regards,
Mark Rainey
Groody Bros. Bicycle Restoration

Last edited by paredown; 05-01-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:59 AM

Mark Rainey did the powdercoating and lug lining and decal application on my 1972 Bob Jackson in 2020. I think at the time he may have been going through a divorce or similar life challenge, so I had some communication lapses with him. However, the end result was just wonderful, he got it all done better than I could have expected, two colors plus the lug lining. He had an oddball issue with the clear coat and he stripped it and started again.

He'd be my go-to for any work like this for certain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1129.jpg (112.5 KB, 105 views)