Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Byron

Nice looking old rig, and nicely setup. Good to see your generation gets it.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 PM

* real name, if you like Jason
* where do you live? Seattle, WA
* age (general or specific) 32
* occupation Structural Aerospace Engineer
* favorite bike CDA with Chorus 11 and Neutrons
* what's in your stable? CDA, Jake the Snake, Ti Commuter
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 52mph Mt. Saint Helens 2010
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? ~7.5K
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Ascend or Descend? Descending is a blast, but I really love making people suffer (and suffering myself) on the Ascent.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told I'm related to Jason Statham's. Not really a lie, just being a smart ass when asked if we are related, apparently I look like him, I don't see it though.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:15 AM

* where do you live? I go to university at UBC in Vancouver, but I spend summers being a biker bum in Olympia, WA. I also spent some time in Scottsdale AZ for an exchange program last year and definitely plan to go back after I am done with school!
* explanation of your handle: umm parts of my first and last name. . .I am pretty boring like that
* age (general or specific): 22, wish I was still a junior racer though
* favorite bike: Will have to be the bike I just crashed in a crit and broke the top tube of (as well as my knee ), which is a 08 lapierre hm x-lite. Fallen in love with lapierres though so if anyone has a newish lapierre carbon frame hit me up
* what's in your stable? broken lapierre hm x-lite frame , a bianchi 928 t-cube that I have to build up, and a norco diabolique tt bike.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? oh jeese, no idea. Probably around 80 km/h
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I also train by hours and not by miles, and I am too lazy to count up the hours. But I usually do anywhere from 10-20 hours a week depending on the time of the season.
*weakness as a rider? Any form or shape of a TT and I will definitely be loosing minutes. Therefore I am a pretty poor stage racer unfortunately.
*strengths as a rider? I can climb pretty decently thanks to low kg, and I can recover well between efforts.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 AM

* real name - Daniel
* where do you live? - Knoxville TN
* explanation of your handle - I screwed up and used my (too long) email address when I registered and then figured, I'll just leave it.
* explanation of your avatar - none
* age (general or specific) - 42
* occupation - Photographer/Web Guy for ORNL
* favorite bike - IF Crown Jewel
* what's in your stable? - IF (2), Cervelo, Merckx, Mercian, Mooney, Merlin, Bianchi (2), Co-Motion, Surly, Raleigh, Lemond (2), Stricker
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 60mph Colorado
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - ~10,000
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 PM

I'm pretty new to all of this

* real name, if you like - Geoffrey
* where do you live? San Francisco, CA
* explanation of your handle - high school era favorite color, favorite band, favorite number
* explanation of your avatar - I don't think I have an avatar. Yet.
* age (general or specific) - 24, going on 25
* occupation - bicycle mechanic part time, student full time
* favorite bike - I guess I sort of like 'em all
* what's in your stable? - '77 Bob Jackson Nuovo Olympiad, '81 Bianchi Trofeo, '99 IF Steel Deluxe, '08 (original year unknown) mystery track frame rebuilt by Bernie Mikkelsen
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 52, descending Clipper Street in San Francisco, a couple of years back
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - A lot, but I don't keep track.
* picture of yourself or your ride? http://www.flickr.com/photos/1114274...offreycolburn/
Old 09-07-2010, 05:32 AM

Allen in Raleigh NC

* where do you live? Raleigh, NC
* explanation of your handle First three letters of my three daughters' names
* age (general or specific) 50+
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Ottrott (on order); S-Works FSR
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 53, Blue Ridge Parkway heading south toward Asheville NC; 2007
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? N/A didn't ride the road for last two years
* wife and I bike together -- she's getting an Ottrott too!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:59 AM
uriani

* real nam- Uri
* where do you live? SF, CA
* explanation of your handle- not good reason
* explanation of your avatar- none yet
* age (general or specific) 35
* occupation- Bike Shop Manager, Pedal Revolution
* favorite bike- (Currently) my new Stevens Cross Team
* what's in your stable? Stevens Cross, Fuji Cross Pro SS, Carver Ti 650b SS MTB, Generic Ebay Carbon Hardtail MTB, Intense Spider Full Suspension MTB, Generic Ebay Carbon Road, Waterford 1100 Road, Waterford 1400 Track, Primus Mootry Alu Track, Ross Signature Fixed Basket bike, Mikkelsen Townie/Touring
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 54, Wyoming somewhere while working as mechanic on cross country tour
* how many miles ON THE ROAD last year? 3000ish
* how many miles OFF ROAD last year? 3000ish
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told- I'm not an addict
* and, something fun. Finally getting out shop team kits! Look out for the Chica.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bicigir...7624842338351/

Last edited by uriani; 09-18-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:02 PM

* real name - Ron
* where do you live? - Grapevine, TX (Fort Worth suburb)
* explanation of your handle - Always loved VW GTI - will own another before I retire
* explanation of your avatar - none
* age (general or specific) - 52
* occupation - Electrical engr manager
* favorite bike - Serotta Legend Ti (sold to neighbor)
* what's in your stable? - Trek Madone 4.5, 5.5, Cannondale R600, Cannondale F500
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 48mph Colorado - chickened out during Ride the Rockies when others were hitting 50+ on same descent
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 4000+
Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 PM

* real name - Joe
* where do you live? - Charlotte, NC.
* explanation of your handle - Combines two of my interests, the superhero The Flash, and the University of North Carolina. Yes, I am a geek.
* explanation of your avatar - Haven't posted one yet.
* age (general or specific) - 29
* occupation - Professional scribbler
* favorite bike - Torn between a Trek 5200 and a Serotta 753 Somethingorother. Serotta is a recent acquisition, but very deep into the honeymoon phase with it. The Trek's like a good marriage. We've had our ups and downs, but highs far outweigh the lows, I know all its quirks, and the sight of it brings back so many fond memories.
* what's in your stable? - Trek 5200, Bianchi Pista, Serotta Somethingorother, Redline Conquest Team.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 58 mph in the June 1998. Down the descent of Pilot Mtn in Western N.C. I was young and stupid, and refuse to ever get close to that again. Though that'll be a bit tough for me to gauge since I've taken the computer of all my bikes. (Generally hate the things after I realized I'd become a slave to the numbers.)
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 2,000, give or take. Last year was a rough year. Lots of work cut down the mileage pretty heavily.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 58 mph in the June 1998. Down the descent of Pilot Mtn in Western N.C. I was young and stupid, and refuse to ever get close to that again. Though that'll be a bit tough for me to gauge since I've taken the computer of all my bikes. (Generally hate the things after I realized I'd become a slave to the numbers.)
you and me both! i feel liberated since i got rid of mine.
welcome to the forums!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:20 PM

* real name - John Z
* where do you live? - Boonton, NJ (Morris Cty)
* explanation of your handle - Combines two of my interests - cycling and golf (duffer is an apt description of my golfing prowess).
* age (general or specific) - 49
* occupation - Credit risk management on Wall St
* favorite bike - Serotta Ottrott (bought here on the forum) and Richard Sachs 25th Anniversary (built for me). The Ottrott may be the most comfortable bike I've every owned - it really absorbs the bad roads. The Sachs is a lifetime purchase (like a Philippe Patek watch) - a terrific ride. Both are almost the same in specs.
* what's in your stable? - Serotta Concours cyclocross, Kish titanium tourer/cross, Specialized Langster, Seven Axiom ti, and just this week, Serotta Fierte full carbon. I should also mention that my wife has Rivendell Road (custom Waterford built for her) and Lynskey Cooper CX.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 52 mph in Harriman State Park in 1998.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 50. I've been off the bike for 10 years whilst golfing. My golf game went to heck as work went to hell (credit crisis - the perfect storm in finance). Got back into cycling instead of being frustrated with my golf play. It's been tough getting back into good form again - I really suffered in the hills, which I used to ride on a fixed gear a decade ago. And I found a group of guys my age that are getting into riding. So, cycling is fun again.
*Other forumites that you've ridden with or met: roydyates, liberace, dhallerman, junkyardbike, angryscientist (sort of, he came to my house to buy some bike stuff); and two forumites who I never met but have corresponded over the years from the original iBob and Compuserve boards: dbrk and LouDeeter.

Last edited by veloduffer; 09-30-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 AM

Habanero

real name - Dave
* where do you live? Western Maine, hilly and rough roads
* explanation of your handle - I love hot food and my first ti bike was a Habanero
* explanation of your avatar - none yet
* age -38
* occupation - Research Analyst in Higher Ed
* favorite bike CoMotion Espresso CoPilot
* what's in your stable? CoMotion Espresso CoPilot, Merlin CR Works, Fuji Cross Pro, Dean El Diente
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 62 off the top of the Sierra Nevada near Prado Llano Spain.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 6,250
* picture of yourself or your ride? Here is a link to my shop website which is sporadically kept up and has pics of my rides:
Dave's Bike Shop
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - Honey it's titanium, I'll never need another bike again!
* and, something fun. Living in Granada Spain for a year and riding my arse off!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:05 PM

* real name - William H
* where do you live? - Park Slope, Brooklyn
* explanation of your handle - Just my name with extra "m"'s because "william" was taken.
* age (general or specific) - 25
* occupation - Corporate governance/ policy implementation analyst
* favorite bike - Ebisu All-purpose
* what's in your stable? - Ebisu All-Purpose, 1981 Bianchi Super Pista, Salsa Chili Con Crosso and a Mercier WT s/s commuter bike
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - Fast? Ha. I love to ride slow/spinny as possible and enjoy the sights.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - 1600 roughly.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 AM

* real name - Drew
* where do you live? - West Nyack, NY
* explanation of your handle - Big fan of Kevin Smith -- In mallrats, Jay refers to Silent Bob as 'Nooch'
* explanation of your avatar - Don't have one yet..
* age (general or specific) - 26
* occupation - Payroll/HR Representative by day, Sales, Events Coordinator, digital market for Cyclesport (America's first serotta dealer) by night
* favorite bike - too many to have a favorite
* what's in your stable? - 2010 Cannondale Caad9-4, 2010 Specialized Langster, 1998 GT Tequesta
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? - 41-42mph, Closter Dock Rd
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? - So far this year around 1900 miles..
Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 PM

* where do you live? Orlando FL
* age (general or specific) 59
* favorite bike: The one I happen to be riding
* what's in your stable? 3xBaylis; 2xSpectrum; 2xRedcay; Rivendell; 3xColumbine; Confente; Trek Madone SL; Specialized custom painted
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60, N.Mexico, 1992