Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2024, 07:33 AM
Everything is connected

They haven’t been the same since they started calling a gilet a vest on their website and the models in the photos went from being grizzled Euro hardmen riding in the worst conditions, to under nourished waifs attempting to stage snowball fights in their Summer shoes…bring back the mystique. Fwiw, I have a collection of their Brevet jerseys, Winter jerseys and older Winter shells…good stuff.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:51 AM
send me the twizzlers yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
They haven’t been the same since they started calling a gilet a vest on their website and the models in the photos went from being grizzled Euro hardmen riding in the worst conditions, to under nourished waifs attempting to stage snowball fights in their Summer shoes…bring back the mystique. Fwiw, I have a collection of their Brevet jerseys, Winter jerseys and older Winter shells…good stuff.
Quote:
It's not the changes so much this time. It's that it all seems to be ending. You think kids want to come with their parents and take fox-trot lessons? Trips to Europe, that's what the kids want. Twenty-two countries in three days. It feels like it's all slipping away.
Max Kellerman ^ .
Old 04-28-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I just got a brevet jersey a few months ago and it is equivalent or nicer than the previous brevet jerseys I’ve owned from them over the years. I didn’t notice the models. I only notice the sale price in size medium when searching
Old 04-28-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeth1313 View Post
Never impressed with their stuff. I believe the only thing I ever purchased from them was a kid's jersey for my son, and that was clearance. Absolutely none of their stuff jumped out and made me think I really wanted it.

Well that and most of their stuff seems to be colors that make you invisible on the road (to drivers).
This. The only color I have literally ever seen on riders wearing Rapha in these parts is Black. Head to toe.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:33 AM

They need to quit making track suits and lounge wear. I like Rapha a lot, but they seem to have far too many options outside of their “core” business. It’s the pro team, brevet and classic lines that seem to sell. And the recent move to shipping from UK to the US is painful- I used to get my stuff in 2-3 days, last order took 14. Being that the typical customer is particular, and they are a basically a direct to consumer, they need to get back to speedy delivery and returns.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:58 AM
slower than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tornado View Post
This. The only color I have literally ever seen on riders wearing Rapha in these parts is Black. Head to toe.
That and black bikes drop my jaw sometimes. I mean looks good at the espresso stop, but, jeez, don't you know everyone is stoned and texting out there?

One time I drove by a black guy all in black on a black bike at dusk. No lights. I made the sign of the cross.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:25 AM

Idk, I must buy my rapha jerseys from another rapha. All of mine are high viz, purposely. None have any black besides the brand name on a few.
Old 04-28-2024, 02:24 PM
aluminati

my favorite recent rapha purchase... (on super clearance sale to the other point in this thread)
Old 04-28-2024, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronffs View Post
my favorite recent rapha purchase... (on super clearance sale to the other point in this thread)
I got a copper/brown version, and like all my Rapha jerseys, the fit is perfect for me.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
This-
There has been a change in the corporate message.

Some of their kit has served me amazingly well-
I still wear their original knee warmers and classic jersey. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

All the sales and all the different lines flooded the market.

In order to sell high end well, exclusivity and limited numbers of production are part that formula. That has not been Rapha as of late. They need to reset their expectations on their total addressable market.

Love their stuff- I buy it when on sale. Their core bibs have been amazing along with the pro set I have.

I hope they find success again.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:47 PM

This is sad to hear.

Sometimes "evolve or die" gets heard as "grow or die" and doesn't end up well.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
The cycling economy is contracting.

In such cases the fat usually gets trimmed first.

What exactly were these people in the NA office doing, one has to wonder?

My new MS Teams background.

With thanks.....