Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2024, 01:56 PM

East Bay Training Groups/Partners

Hey all, I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in training as partners or a group this summer in the East Bay. For context, I'll probably be around 3.5-3.8 w/kg near mid-June (end of my school year) and looking to make some big gains over the summer. Let me know if any of you are interested or have any other questions!
Old 05-16-2024, 02:00 PM
Shrimp123

not sure if you have already checked these

attend one of the HoP rides (Danville, peets, Saturday) and that can help make contacts.
there is a group that rides Thu on foothill to Kilkare around lunch. their speed seems to be in range
used to be a group in San Ramon (forget the company start point)
Old 05-16-2024, 02:37 PM

Looks like you're near Berkeley/Oakland? I've been training and racing for the first time this year. Similar power. Would be down for a ride sometime.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:07 PM

There is also practice crits in pleasanton (@ the dash for cash venue) .. wed night @ 6:30 right now. There is the POO ride tuesday
Old 05-16-2024, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew+ View Post
Looks like you're near Berkeley/Oakland? I've been training and racing for the first time this year. Similar power. Would be down for a ride sometime.
Awesome, I'd be happy to connect once I'm back in the area!
Old 05-16-2024, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
There is also practice crits in pleasanton (@ the dash for cash venue) .. wed night @ 6:30 right now. There is the POO ride tuesday
Good to know. Seems like it could be a little closer to me than Alviso. Not sure how much high intensity work I'll be doing over the summer but I'm sure I'll check these out at some point.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrynb View Post
Good to know. Seems like it could be a little closer to me than Alviso. Not sure how much high intensity work I'll be doing over the summer but I'm sure I'll check these out at some point.
Dash for Cash is elite champs race this year.. so it's 50min + 5 laps for the rest of May. Normally 35min + 5 laps. There is plenty of intensity right now. I was plenty spicy last night. It's kinda unsanctioned , but we have had corner volunteers helping with traffic this year, but there are no closed roads.

There is also a VSRT/LIT ride on Thursday out of Trek Livermore.. not a race, but some strong guys show.

Last edited by Spdntrxi; 05-16-2024 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:53 PM

Waffles n Wheels, Major Taylor East Bay, East Bay Mochi Gang, All Inclusive Ryders Cycling Collective, Be the Change Cycling Club, Berkeley Bicycle Club

Just to name a few. Happy riding!