View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 06:32 PM

Color
I knew I wanted red/orangeish cromovelato. However since they dont offer any chromed frames/forks I was initially concerned that the end result would not be like a real cromovelato but after some more digging on their FB and instagram I was convinced otherwise and once I saw the photo above I knew that was exactly the color I was looking for. Coupled with white lettering for the logo and white cable housings. Said and done!

Components
Barco provided me with a pdf listing their offerings, little did they know that I was very ocd about specific componenets. This would be a mix of new and old!

Groupset
Since no one is seizing the the opportunity to create a polished all alloy groupset any longer I did spent a considerable amount of time looking for a NOS/NIB Campa 10s groupset. In the end I caved in and settled for the best close thing, I.e. Campagnolo centaur 11 in silver, however, there was one issue

I think some higher power felt sad for me since I had wasted so much time looking for a NOS groupset since directly after having settled for the centaur 11 groupset this thing of beauty popped up, locally, a 20 min drive away, new in box, for a mere 90 eur! Asked Cicli Barco to order the groupset for me excluding the centaur Crankset since I would be shipping my new found treasure to them!

O stem, where art thou?
In my world there is one stem that reigns supreme, namely the 3ttt Mod. 1 Record Strada (2nd version). I have it on two of my other road bikes, the chiseled top is just a thing of beuaty.

I kid you not but I spent like 3 months trying to find a NOS or a mint condition one in 80-90mm. After reading some horror stories of a few of these failing (by now they are close to 40 years old) I decided to end this pursuit and set sight for Japan, which offered the next best think, NITTO NP (pearl)

Handlebar
I needed something in 380mm width, and wanted something compact and modern, ofc in silver, and while hunting for the above Nitto I came across the Nitto M106NAS, unfortunately no one was stocking this in europe so I had to order it from Japan, fortunately customs let it slip through, however I still have an axe to grind with the customs, more on that later...

Seatpost
Just like with the stem, there is one seatpost to rule them all in terms of looks, Campagnolo record c aero! Scored this one on ebay, NOS, for 75eur. TUrns out it wasnt a record one though, oh well, it looks almost the same