View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 10:59 AM

I was gifted the Ego hedge trimmer and from the start it was over matched for the ornamental grass that gets chopped in the fall. It would clog and then stop every attempt at cutting. Then the battery died. I bought a Stihl gas one last fall and it rips through the grass is seconds.

I also have the mower. I bought that because we had a baby at the time and I wanted to be able to cut the grass after she went to bed quietly. I am sure my neighbors thought I was a lunatic cutting the grass in the dark with a bike headlight strapped the handle of the mower. That really worked well until this past season when I replaced the single blade with a mulching system that has two blades. This was an official Ego blade system. Well battery life is now less that 20 mins on a full charge. I am not sure if it is due to the added weight of the second blade or just the battery aging. A new batt is about 250 and the mower was bought new for $399 IRC. I will probably go back to gas at the end of this season.

EDIT: I should note the EGO mower was the first gen from 2017. I see that they have new mowers and batteries that probably blow mine away.

Last edited by Hank Scorpio; 05-02-2024 at 11:02 AM.